Hello fitness friends,
Happy New Year! Whoohooo! We made it.
Are you excited about another year? I am.
Did you make New Year’s Resolutions? Set goals? I haven’t really. I have been busy. Ha!
I know one of the resolutions many people make is to lose weight or get fit.
It takes your body 21 days to form a habit. So let’s take this in 21 day increments. You ready?
Disclaimer: speak to your doctor before starting any program. I am not a physician. If you cannot complete an exercise in proper form it’s best to not do it. Talk to your doctor about meals and exercise.
Challenge start: January 4th 2016
Get some measuring tape and write down your measurements:
- Chest, hip (widest part), waist, thigh (left and right-mid way), calves (left and right), arms (bicep-left and right), neck.
Nom…Nom. What are we eating?
Hydrate baby hydrate
- 3 to 4 Liters of water throughout the day.
- Start the day with 8oz warm water with lemon (1 small lemon).
Cut out unhealthy carbs, fried food, processed food, and excess sugar.
- White bread, white rice, white pasta, candy bars, excess sugar.
- Say bye bye to fast food deep fried goodness.
- Say adios to chemicals you can’t even pronounce. We are aiming for whole foods.
Increase your fiber
- Leafy greens and beans…
Shoot for eating every 3-4 hours and go no longer than 4 hours without eating. No eating past 9 pm. For those sweets cravings you can opt for peanut butter.
I don’t like counting calories. It’s not fun. I have noticed that the portions dished out in restaurants, etc…are normally 3 to 4 times as much as people need.
10 Easy Ways to Do Portion Control
Get moving! Anything is better than sitting on the couch. Right? There are so many options out there for varying fitness levels.
Walking is great for those with limitations or swimming.
There are an abundance of YouTube videos for fitness.
The goal is 4-5 days a week for at least 30 minutes.
Programs I’ve used:
- Jilllian Michaels Ripped in 30
- 21 Day Fix
- Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred
- Power 90
The goal is to cease couch dwelling. You can make your program as tame or extreme as your body allows (check with your doctor). Diet trumps your exercise program. You can’t out exercise a bad meal plan!
Here are some strength building exercises.
Oh and here’s a video to get you laughing! You can do this.